This happens only when the NAS is connected to domain with multiple domains in the forest and after the upgrade to DSM version 7.1. The default Management Mode setting is “Trusted Domains” with all domains in the forest selected. To resolve the issue with the reports, change this setting to “Single Domain with OUs”.
Go to Control Panel -> Domain/LDAP and click the Edit button. From the drop-down, select “Single domain with OUs” and click the Save button
After playing with Veeam 11 for a bit, I decided to get my Linux Docker physical host on the backup schedule. The hardware is getting older (Some would call it vintage or just plain ancient as it’s a 2nd gen i7, but it gets the job done) and it won’t last forever. The onboarding of this physical machine was deceptively simple. A few mouse-clicks here, an IP address there and some SSH credentials. This was just too easy, so I decided to manually run the job and keep an eye on it. I didn’t have to wait long. After a few minutes, the job completed already. With a warning. I knew it had been too good to be true.
Unable to initialize indexing: mlocate was not found
This really doesn’t seem too hard of an issue, and the good thing is, it isn’t. Just fire up Putty and log in over SSH:
sudo apt install mlocate
This is really all it took. Maybe I should have RTFM…